Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The House on Holbrook

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
roadkillpossum

roadkillpossum

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-10-02

The House on Holbrook Empty
PostSubject: The House on Holbrook   The House on Holbrook Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 11:14 am

I've never encountered an actual spirit, but, my first husband and I rented a house on Holbrook Avenue in Bessemer, AL, shortly after we were married. It was an older home that was somewhat of a modified shotgun house - the front door opened into the livingroom, the door from the living room lead into the bedroom, the bedroom door lead into the kitchen, and the bath was off the kitchen.

The back wall of the living room was covered in mirrored, glass squares while the rest of the room was dark paneling. We had thought this was odd, but, it did make the room look larger. Shortly after we moved in, the man who lived next door walked over. He and my (now ex) husband were sitting in the living room talking, when, out of nowhere the neighbor said that the guy who used to lived there had shot himself right there in the living room and said that was the reason the mirrored tiles had been put up. We just laughted it off, but, it was unsettling.

Off the bedroom, in the front portion of the house, there was a very small room (probably 4 ft wide and 8 to 9 feet long) that appeared have once been a portion of the front porch that had been enclosed. I really can't explain it, but I NEVER liked going into that room. We used it for storage and I would literally open the door and throw whatever I had to put in there into the room. My feelings of uneasiness continued to get worse until I had to place a night stand in front of the door just so I could go to sleep.

I don't know if my feelings about the room stemmed from knowing a man had killed himself in the house, or, if, indeed, the poor man was still occupying the house. We didn't stay there more than a year, but, I still get a strange feeling in my stomach when I think of that room.
Back to top Go down
Spiritwind
Admin

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: The House on Holbrook   The House on Holbrook Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:48 pm

More then likely if you felt it, it was there
Back to top Go down
https://thehauntedforum.forummotion.com
concertcris

concertcris

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: The House on Holbrook   The House on Holbrook Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 10:04 am

I could understand your feeling very well and would have been unsettled also!
Back to top Go down
Spiritwind
Admin

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: The House on Holbrook   The House on Holbrook Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:32 am

Thank my lucky starts I have never seen a spirit... (crossing fingers) However I can "feel" them with me...
Back to top Go down
https://thehauntedforum.forummotion.com
raven

raven

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-09-27

PostSubject: Re: The House on Holbrook   The House on Holbrook Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:03 am

Casper wrote:
More then likely if you felt it, it was there

Exactly he never hurt anyone or disurbed anything so Im thinking if he was there he was harmless cause if he were gunna try anythign he would have.

Did you feel the uneasy feeling in that tiny room b4 you found out the man killed himself in the house? Or did it start after?
Back to top Go down
Lycana

Lycana

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: The House on Holbrook   The House on Holbrook Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:45 am

ACK! A ghostly blank message right above me! The House on Holbrook 467535
Back to top Go down
raven

raven

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-09-27

PostSubject: Re: The House on Holbrook   The House on Holbrook Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:54 am

There was something going on w the Server last night I'm thinking Maintenance & GM may have sent their post just as the maintenance was beginning & it came out blank. But that's just a guess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The House on Holbrook   The House on Holbrook Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The House on Holbrook
Page 1 of 1