Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Evil Dead Trilogy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
roadkillpossum

roadkillpossum

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-10-02

The Evil Dead Trilogy Empty
PostSubject: The Evil Dead Trilogy   The Evil Dead Trilogy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 10:08 am

Cult Fiction Horror Classics. The first two, aptly named Evil Dead I and Evil Dead II, are very cheesy, very campy, and very funny. OK. I think the Nightmare on Elm Street series is funny (at least the first three), so, maybe, funny is not the word. They are entertaining.

In the third movie of the trio, Army of Darkness, the filmmakers leave behind their college video equipment and move into real movie making. This is my favorite of all of them.

Each movie stars Bruce Campell. He and his college friends came up with the idea and filmed it while in college, or maybe, shortly after.

I have not seen Evil Dead, The Musical, but, would love to.
Back to top Go down
Spiritwind
Admin

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: The Evil Dead Trilogy   The Evil Dead Trilogy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 10:46 am

Never saw any of them. I thought it was cult related and I dont do cult.. they scare me to much
Back to top Go down
https://thehauntedforum.forummotion.com
roadkillpossum

roadkillpossum

PostSubject: Re: The Evil Dead Trilogy   The Evil Dead Trilogy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:14 am

I'm not sure if I would call them cult related. The plot does involve a book of the dead and there is supernatural possession, but they are not dark movies.

I had forgotten that Sam Raimi was the director and writer or cowriter of all three.

Here are the premises for each:

The Evil Dead (1981):
Five friends go up to a cabin in the woods where they find unspeakable evil lurking in the forest. They find the Necronomicon and the taped translation of the text. Once the tape is played, the evil is released. One by one, the teens become deadly zombies. With only one remaining, it is up to him to survive the night and battle the evil dead.

Evil Dead II (1987):
A sequel/remake of the film The Evil Dead. A young man named Ash takes his girlfriend Linda to a secluded cabin, and plays back a professor's tape recorded recitation of passages from the Book of the Dead. The spell calls up an evil force from the woods which turns Linda into a monstrous Deadite, and threatens to do the same to Ash. When the professor's daughter and her entourage show up at the cabin, the night turns into a non-stop, grotesquely comic battle with chainsaw and shotgun on one side, demon horde and flying eyeball on the other.

Army of Darkness (1992):
In this sequel to the Evil Dead films, a discount-store employee ("Name's Ash. Housewares.") is time-warped to a medieval castle beset by monstrous forces. Initially mistaken for an enemy, he is soon revealed as the prophecised savior who can quest for the Necronomicon, a book which can dispel the evil. Unfortunately, he screws up the magic words while collecting the tome, and releases an army of skeletons, led by his own Deadite counterpart. What follows is a thrilling, yet tongue-in-cheek battle between Ash's 20th Century tactics and the minions of darkness.
Back to top Go down
Lycana

Lycana

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: The Evil Dead Trilogy   The Evil Dead Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 7:38 am

I've only seen Army of Darkness which was completely hysterical. I had a major crush on Bruce Campbell after that one. One day I'll watch the other 2 movies.
Back to top Go down
roadkillpossum

roadkillpossum

PostSubject: Re: The Evil Dead Trilogy   The Evil Dead Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 8:41 am

Lycana wrote:
I've only seen Army of Darkness which was completely hysterical. I had a major crush on Bruce Campbell after that one. One day I'll watch the other 2 movies.

Oh, you've got to see them. They are very low budget. Of the first two, the second is my favorite, but, of all three, Army of Darkness comes out on top.

I got a crush on Bruce Campbell while he was doing Briscoe County Jr. That's how I ran across the trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Lycana

Lycana

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: The Evil Dead Trilogy   The Evil Dead Trilogy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 12:03 am

Ha ha! I used to watch Brico County Jr. too! Had a major crush on Campbell then as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Evil Dead Trilogy   The Evil Dead Trilogy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Evil Dead Trilogy
Page 1 of 1