Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scarry vacancy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ghostmist
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ghostmist

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 4:09 am

:eyes: Ok, I'm going to try this over again since the forum had "hiccups" and my post disappeared. Hmmmm!

When I was in the fourth grade there was a house just down the street from where we lived. No one ever saw anyone come in or go out of that old house so we just assumed it was vacant. Especially after repeated tries from us brave kids who wanted to be in the know.

After a while we got tired of knocking on the doors all the time and started hanging out in the back yard. I figured that if someone did live there they would eventually let their kids come out and play, right?

Soon me and the neighborhood kids got brave enough to hang out around that old house even at night. Sometimes we would heard strange noises and decide to go home. But the longer we hung around the braver we were getting considering no one ever came in or went out.

One night we were playing around the back door as we usually did over the last few weeks thinking nothing of the strange sounds coming from this house. Suddenly some very funny scratching noises started. I thought maybe it was from the nearby tree. The wind had started blowing so I figured the branches of the tree were rubbing up against the house. A light inside suddenly came on and we all started to run but I (bravely) convinced everyone to hold their horses. Maybe a kid was finally going to come out and play. HA! The noises got louder and scarrier. We were really starting to freak out now.

A shadow passsed by the lit window. We ducked behind the trees and bushes not wanting to be seen. The shadow passed by again. I poked my head out from behind the bush where I was hiding so I could see better. When suddenly the back door flew open scarring the crap out of all of us. All of us scattered like rats, running in various directions just to get out of the back yard. There was a laugh that sounded so evil and scarry. The light in the window must have gone out right as we took off because when I looked back the yard was dark again.

To this day I'll never know if anyone was ever in that house or if it was someone playing tricks on us brave little souls who like hanging out around empty houses. I never went back to that crazy house ever again. Getting the crap scared out of me once was enough. :hood:
Back to top Go down
Spiritwind
Admin

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:02 am

haahaa I dont think I would have been so brave in the first place.... I would have run like the chicken I am
Back to top Go down
https://thehauntedforum.forummotion.com
ghostmist
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ghostmist

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 2:45 am

I hear ya there. I should have taken that attitude. I had weird dreams for a week. ~shudder~
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:54 pm

:dracmask: Kids can be pretty brave at times. For myself I would never have had the nerve to be around that empty house in the first place. Glad nothing bad happened to you from this experience.

haphall
Back to top Go down
ghostmist
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ghostmist

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 2:50 pm

Those were the good old days when kids could be outside after dark and play. We would be out there at tha house,sometimes, unitl 9 or 10 o'clock. On the weekends of course. I miss those days. ~sigh~
Back to top Go down
Spiritwind
Admin

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 4:12 am

I remmber the days when Halloween was a lot safer and you could trick or treat until lights went out. Now there is concern about candy, and cerfews and such sad the world today!
Back to top Go down
https://thehauntedforum.forummotion.com
ghostmist
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ghostmist

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 4:35 am

Sad but true. I could go out almost right after dinner and trick or treat unitl I was totally worn out.
Back to top Go down
Lycana

Lycana

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:28 am

Wow what a scary story! I couldn't be that brave either. I was watching this show the other day on Discovery Channel about living in Anchorage, Alaska. They were showing kids going trick or treating during Halloween and running into wild Moose that were roaming the streets of the city!

werewolf <-- my favorite smilie!
Back to top Go down
ghostmist
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ghostmist

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:33 am

Wild moose in the streets? Ack! But what do you expect for Alaska, right?

mummy <--- (haunted happy dancing)
Back to top Go down
Lycana

Lycana

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:34 am

Yeah and they also had black bears roaming around raiding the garbage cans! People weren't really scared tho. They were taking pictures of the bears, just keeping their distance.
Back to top Go down
ghostmist
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ghostmist

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:53 am

hehehehe, I know I would taking pictures. No one would believe me otherwise.
Back to top Go down
PurpleMist
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
PurpleMist

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:49 pm

Whoa, scarey story!

Yeah I remember as kids we could stay out until the streetlights came on. Usually we'd stay out even longer.

We had an old abandoned house down at the corner of our road that we kids called 'the haunted house'. We would ride our bikes down as it was getting dusk and ofcourse creep ourselves out. We never actually saw anything. But one night we (3 of us) got brave and actually got off our bikes and creeped up on to the rickedy front porch. And I swear to God just as we got up there we heard a loud bang inside the house! You never saw 3 kids run so fast and speed off on our bikes! LOL! When we got back down the road to our driveway we stopped and just sat on our bikes looking back down at the house trying to catch our breaths. lol

That house is still there but a few years ago someone bought it and fixed it all up and you wouldn't even know it had been a creepy old rickedy abandoned house that looked like a haunted house. When I go to my moms and pass it it still seems so odd to me. I still think of it as 'that old haunted house'.

Ah childhood. oddeyes
Back to top Go down
ghostmist
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ghostmist

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:09 am

That's cool.

Years ago, in high school, my friend and I discovered an old church. For the longest time we would never go near it just because it made us nervous. One day we got brave and walked up to the front door of this church. As we peeked into the windows I swear I saw somebody walking around inside who didn't look "normal". My friend and I ran away as fast as we could make our feet fly.

Later on, the church opened up for Sunday services. Still, it makes me shudder even today thinking about that old church and the creepy person we saw inside.
Back to top Go down
PurpleMist
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
PurpleMist

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:22 am

Oooo creepy churches are ....well, creepy. Scarry vacancy 507790
Back to top Go down
ghostmist
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
ghostmist

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:04 am

Isn't that the truth. :coffin:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scarry vacancy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarry vacancy   Scarry vacancy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scarry vacancy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Tall Tales :: Your own scare-
Jump to: