Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phantom Phone Calls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiritwind
Admin

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Phantom Phone Calls Empty
PostSubject: Phantom Phone Calls   Phantom Phone Calls Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 6:50 am

True stories that will make you think twice before answering the phone
Can the dead manipulate electronic devices? Can they reach back through the fabric of time and space, from wherever they are, and influence the workings of our communications devices - our telephones - to leave one last message... to say one last goodbye?

As fantastic as it seems, the mystery of phone calls from the dead is not an uncommon one. Those who have researched the phenomenon have determined that these calls usually occur within the first 24 hours of the death, but there have been cases in which the calls were received as long as two years after. The call is usually filled with heavy static and the phantom caller's voice is faint, as if far away. Far away, indeed.

Following are some remarkable instances of phantom phone calls, as told by the people who experienced them.
In some cases, it's the phantom who answers the phone. But in every case, the experience remains unexplained.

Something Strange, Indeed

This happened to my older brother, Matt, about a year ago, just a few weeks after my eldest brother Jeremy's best friend, Joe, died of heart trouble. Matt received a telephone call from a person that sounded exactly like Joe. He said something like, "Matt, it's Joe. Is Jeremy home? Something really strange is going on." Matt freaked out and could hardly answer, "No, he's not. Sorry." Then the phone hung up and Matt looked at the caller I.D.; it read, "Out of area." So Matt tried *69, but they were unable to trace the call. We never got another telephone call from Joe. It still scares Matt to think of it. - Janaye S.

Say Goodbye, Grandpa

My husband lost his grandfather a long time ago. But just recently he has been experiencing something really weird. He has seen his grandfather's name on our caller ID. So we thought someone was calling from his grandfather's house. That was the first time, and no one was even home. Just today, for the second time, he was at work and clearly, along with co-workers, heard the phone ring. He answered it on the first ring, but only heard a dial tone. When he looked at the phone's directory, which has no caller ID, but lists who he has called, he saw the grandfather's name again. What could this mean? How could it be happening? - Leroy L.

Money is Useless Here

One of my clients related this story to me a few years ago. At the time she worked for the Department of Social Services and one of the services she offered was checks for emergency expenses. She had issued a check for $100 to one of her clients for utilities and was about to close the file when her phone rang. On the line was the woman to whom the check was issued. The woman sounded vague and distracted, but clearly said, "I won't be needing that $100 after all." My client made a note of it and went on with her other work. That evening at home she was reading the newspaper when she saw the obituary of the woman she had talked with on the phone. She had died the previous day! - Mary B.
Back to top Go down
https://thehauntedforum.forummotion.com
Lycana

Lycana

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Phone Calls   Phantom Phone Calls Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:36 pm

Wow! What creepy stuff! Do you think those people didn't really know they were dead so they made phone calls like normal?
Back to top Go down
Spiritwind
Admin

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Phone Calls   Phantom Phone Calls Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:16 am

You never know :mummy:
Back to top Go down
https://thehauntedforum.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Phone Calls   Phantom Phone Calls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phantom Phone Calls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Tall Tales :: True or False?-
Jump to: