Share | 

Constant Fear In St. Paul, Minnesota

Go down 
AuthorMessage
concertcris

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Constant Fear In St. Paul, Minnesota   Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:33 am

Okay Here goes. In 1969 I and my then husband moved to St. Paul, Minnesota to take over the house that his parents had lived in. His dad died from being an alcohol and his mother died in the house from a brain tumor quite suddenly I might add.

This house was a true horror from the day we moved in until the day we left at least for me. It was over 150 years old. It was a 2 story house with 3 bedrooms upstairs and 1 downstairs. It had the old steam type heating and all the rooms were quite old with age. The bathroom was off the kitchen for some odd reason and on that first night I decided to take a bath. While bathing I heard scratching coming from the tub itself. I could not understand what it was but got out quickly and went and told my then hubby. He said it was just my imagination. We only lived there for a little over a year but during that time I was constantly hearing creaks, groans, seeing curtains move, hearing footsteps when no one else was there, doors being slammed, etc. The real scare came when my hubby's brother was living with us.

He was in the downstairs bedroom and sound asleep. He got the feeling someone was watching him which jarred him awake to see his mother standing at the end of the bed. He thought he was dreaming it until she waved and called him by name. It scared the crap out of him and he jumped out of bed yelling our names. When we got down there he was huddled in the corner with his eyes closed and we heard the basement door close real loud. He told us what happened and at first we did not believe him until we went down to check the basement. There we found one of his mother's necklaces laying on the floor which had initially been in a jewelry box I had upstairs on the second floor. After that we often heard doors closing, water running and once our washing machine started all by itself. affraid

None of us have ever been able to explain these disturbances but I can tell you I was so glad to leave that house. Another thing I hated about this place was we were robbed 3 times, the whole basement flooded once which cost us alot to take care of. Also bats were constantly getting into this old place. When you stood outside in the backyard there was this big hill that had a house at the top that looked like that one in the original "Psycho" movie. We also had a tornado go over our place which panicked me big time as I was alone with my 2 oldest girls. During one lightening storm a tree fell on our roof but luckily did not do too much damage.

I truly hated that place!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiritwind
Admin

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Constant Fear In St. Paul, Minnesota   Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:25 am

Yikies! It sounds like you needed to leave. Not for safety, sounds like the spirit ment no harm. However how eerie. What a thing to do to the mind! Thank for shareing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thehauntedforum.forummotion.com
concertcris

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Constant Fear In St. Paul, Minnesota   Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:52 am

pale You are definitely right on about us leaving although my hubby did not think any of it was a big deal but for myself and the kids, we were definitely affraid

I did leave out one part of the ordeal. My hubby was a fireman and worked 24 on and 24 off. On the nights he was working I would get so panicked that I would bundle my kids up and drive around all night just so I would not have to stay at that house alone. Sometimes I would park in car lots to sleep. It was totally ridiculous to do that but all the same I felt safer in my car!

Thankfully that is all behind me now. flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiritwind
Admin

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Constant Fear In St. Paul, Minnesota   Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:57 pm

Whew! I had many a night where I never slept.... out of fear and needing to want to be awake if I had to be... pure fear, wondered why I never had a stroke!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thehauntedforum.forummotion.com
Angel of Darkness

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Constant Fear In St. Paul, Minnesota   Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:47 am

Wow! I live in Minnesota! I'm always interested in history around here and hauntings. I'm so curious as to where this is house is and if it's still around.

How freaky! I'm glad you were able to get out of there sooner than later. I haven't had any personal experiences with hauntings so I can't even imagine how you felt. I don't blame you for sleeping in the car because you felt safer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raven

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Constant Fear In St. Paul, Minnesota   Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:21 am

Wow you sure had a heckme hun ESP your X-BIL. Did he move after that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constant Fear In St. Paul, Minnesota   

Back to top Go down

Constant Fear In St. Paul, Minnesota
Page 1 of 1